Leaving the hospital was crazy. Eliza was delivered Sunday at 4:41 pm. I was definitely not ready to go home on Monday; however, by Tuesday morning I was itching to get out of the hospital and get home. When it was time to leave I was a little scared and couldn’t believe they were letting me take this little newborn home. I had no clue what I was doing and felt completely unprepared.
A few photos before we left the hospital:
I can’t believe how small she is in her carseat!
When we got home Zoe was excited to see us. Little did she know how her life was going to change. We’ve tried hard to still give Zoe attention but she is definitely not the center of attention anymore. Here she is smelling the new addition to the family. (Note: I don’t let Zoe get in Eliza’s face but let Zoe smell her during this first introduction.
Our goal was to take pictures of Eliza with all those who came to visit. Well, we at least did it with her first visitors…
Barb, our next door neighbor.
The Hurley’s from the ward.
The nurse warned us we may be up every 2 hours during the night so we went to sleep at 8pm! Fortunately Eliza was/is a great sleeper and we actually woke her up for feedings the first couple nights home. Once we knew she was gaining weight and eating well, this definitely stopped!!
1 comment:
SO fun, I know I remember Kory driving so slow on our way home. I also remember having to go to the store with him because we were not prepared even slightly for him. But the next baby I am all set, I have even started to freeze dinners so we wont have to go out.
Post a Comment