Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Venice Italy

Venice is unlike anything I have ever seen.  The architecture and history contained within this labyrinth of a city is unbelievable.  I would have loved to have seen what this city looked like in its prime.  The palaces here are breathtaking. John was in heaven and could have photographed here for days.  However, Venice is really crowded with tourists and I was okay with leaving… Enjoy!

(And I’m really behind on posting our Italy pictures. John has posted a couple more on his blog if you go there and search Italy, but he still hasn’t posted Rome.)

Venice Italy Photography - St Mark's BasilicaVenice has a pigeon problem and they don’t know how to exactly fix it.  I have never seen so many pigeons.Venice Italy Photography - St Mark's BasilicaVenice Italy Photography - St Mark's BasilicaVenice Italy Photography - St Mark's BasilicaEating our daily Panini sandwich…Yummmm!ItalyVeniceDayOne-19 Venice Italy Photography - St Mark's Basilica  Venice Italy Photography - St Mark's Basilica Mosaics on St Marks BasilicaVenice Italy Photography - St Mark's Basilica Venice Italy Photography - St Mark's Basilica Venice Italy Photography - St Mark's Basilica Venice Italy Photography - St Mark's Basilica ItalyVeniceDayOne-66 The image below shows the world’s first digital clock.  Pretty cool huh?Venice Italy Photography - St Mark's Basilica Venice Italy Photography - St Mark's Basilica John saw tourists doing this and thought…why not?ItalyVeniceDayOne-88 Venice Italy Photography - Venice Italy Photography -  Venice Italy Photography - Venice Italy Photography -  Venice Italy Photography - Venice Italy Photography -  Venice Italy Photography - Gondola ItalyVeniceDayOne-208 ItalyVeniceDayOne-211 ItalyVeniceDayOne-218 In the evening, the flooding around St Mark’s Basilica makes for some awesome reflections!Venice Italy Photography - St Mark's Basilica Venice Italy Photography - St Mark's Basilica Venice Italy Photography - St Mark's Basilica Venice Italy Photography - St Mark's Basilica Venice Italy Photography - St Mark's Basilica Had to throw this image in…this would not fly in the US. ItalyVeniceDay2-288 Venice Italy Photography Venice Italy Photography Venice Italy Photography Venice Italy Photography Venice Italy Photography Venice Italy Photography Venice Italy Photography

Venice at Night! 

Venice Italy Photography - Night

Venice Italy Photography - Night

In case you missed it, you can view other Italy photos here:

Burano, Italy

4 comments:

Randi said...

beautiful pictures. do you know the history behind that clock? it's very interesting.

Kory said...

3 things.
1. Do you know the story behind that painting?
2. I totally want to know more about that clock.
3. I imagine your life being so exciting being able to see the things around you the way you do. It makes me feel like I walk around with blinders on.

jeff and alli said...

Wow, that looks amazing!

I love that America appreciates the value of public & free bathrooms.

Connie and Brandon said...

Amazing photos! You definitely captured great shots that you guys will always remember about that trip. I totally want to go there now and get the same pictures you have:).