Well thank you for all your wonderful comments! It’s amazing (and unfortunate) how common miscarriages and infertility are. It is not a topic people usually talk about and so I think many people often feel alone as they struggle through these difficult times. Many of you mentioned that you didn’t know we were even trying to have a baby… and that was kind of the point. It’s much easier when people don’t know b/c then you don’t get the dreaded question, “Are you pregnant yet?” And of course when you are trying without success, it’s nice to not have one more reminder.
When I posted last week we had not had our ultrasound yet and so we didn’t announce what we were having because we didn’t know yet. Plus I thought it would be so fun to have a separate post with the exclamation of “It’s a …” and an ultrasound picture. Well, we had our ultrasound on Thursday and now I can proclaim:
“It’s a … we don’t know!”
Yeah, our child decided to be modest and had his/her legs crossed the entire time. I tried to blame the stubborn characteristic on John but he called me out and I will freely admit that I am definitely a stubborn person. And of course my sister quickly agreed when I told her the story. She said it had Behrmann/Anderson blood all over it! Well, the baby was face down as well so they weren’t able to get all the images they needed so we scheduled another ultrasound to get the rest of the pictures and as a bonus we will hopefully find out the sex. Friday morning I received a call from my OB (who I love) who informed me that she would like our ultrasound to be performed at the perinatology clinic for a level 2 ultrasound. I love how she has to preface things with, “Emily, now I’m not concerned but…” During my initial ultrasound my amniotic fluid was low. I had wondered about this and was going to bring it up during my next appointment but I guess we will address it sooner than that. So we have another ultrasound next week. I’m praying for normal fluid levels and a normal healthy baby. And of course, finding out what we are having would be an added bonus.
Thanks again for all your support! And I’m curious, what do you think we are having?
And since I don’t have a photo to go along with this post (and one person is on bed rest), I posted pictures from Venice below! Enjoy.
6 comments:
Girl. For certain. You can even skip your ultrasound I'm so certain. (But I understand that you have to go for other reasons)
I was going to say girl too, but since Kory said girl and I want to our family to be right either way, I will say boy. We will be sending you positive thoughts and prayers for you.
Also thanks for the blogging :)
I don't have a strong guess, but lets say....girl.
I am hoping and praying for a healthy baby for you guys too! Everyone is saying girl so I will sway with the majority:).
Emily, I'm thinking about you all the time and will be praying for you too :) Stubborn babies lol No matter what boy or girl it will be beautiful! I'm so happy for you!!! Keep us updated on everything! You're the best!!!
Post a Comment