
I was reading an online news site and saw this headline:
Emma Tops Emily as Most Popular Baby Girl Name for First Time in 12 Years
"Move over, baby Emily. Emma is the new top name among baby girls, ending Emily's 12-year reign. The Social Security Administration said Friday that Jacob remained King among boys in 2008, his 10th straight year at the top." I included the boy name in case you were wondering, b/c I'm sure you were.
I've been dethroned. Oh well. I actually love the name Emma and would consider naming a future daughter that name if it wasn't so close to mine.
So we may only have one more year left in Minnesota. (With residency and the match, we can't be sure of where we will end up next year). I went to dinner with my good friend Kristin tonight and we decided we need to make a list of things we want to do/see before leaving Minnesota. (Her hubby graduates next year as well and they are leaving for sure). I don't want to leave Minnesota and then regret not seeing or doing something. So, if anyone has any suggestions about places or activities to add to our "To Do List," we would love the input.
And don't worry we have visited the Mall of America (many times) and we already placed the Spam factory on our list!
4 comments:
Good for you! I only wish Dave and I would have done more before we left Florida. Don't leave having regrets :( My biggest regret...I never flew on Daves plane while he was a captain flying all over Florida and the Bahamas! Never going to the Bahamas with him on his flight is so so sad to me :(
I don't know MN well enough to give you any ideas for places to visit. Sorry!
You are the most popular name in my contact list despite what Social Security says and I don't have ANY Emmas!!
Well I would have to add Main Street in Stillwater to your list. I worked downtown at Tremblay's Sweet Shop for years! I miss that fudge! If you go, make sure you say hello to Bob and Marci (the owners) for me....He referred to me as the "little dipper." My maiden name is Gillett!
We want to do the SPAM museum too. Let's get together sometime in June! We have to do before you leave Minnesota-- if not then you will totally leave with regrets! Thanks for all your nice blog comments! John, I love your photography! Just wanted to let you know.
Post a Comment