Friday, May 29, 2009

BBQ - Memorial Day Part 2

After our adventures frisbee golfing, LeAnne & Donny Martin joined us for a BBQ at a park in Roseville. We went to the main part of the park and all the BBQ's were full so Kristin drove to a baseball park nearby and we had the whole place to ourselves. It was so much fun. We were able to plug in the iPod, eat, chat, and chill out. John and I really like hanging out with the Roses and really like hanging out with the Martins so we wanted them to meet so we could all hang out together. I think it went well...

After our delicious feast we went out to the field to play Bocce ball. Over labor day the boys barely beat the girls and so we wanted to come back and tie the score. However, the boys were lucky again and beat us. But I do have to add John and Thomas made up the stupidest (is that a word?) rule at the beginning that negatively impacted my play. For you bocce experts, let me know what you think... The rule entailed that once you threw the pallino (the small white ball), you couldn't move past the line to see where you threw it (even if it disappeared into tall grass) or make it visible. I love how they were just inventing new rules as they saw fit... But the current tally is Boys: 2 and Girls: 0. This is rather disappointing and distressing. Maybe I should drop out of school to make more time for bocce practice.

We are so lucky to have such great friends out here in Minnesota.

Thomas again fulfilling the role as the group pyro.
John eating a massive double bacon cheeseburger. I think it was fat free as well.
You know us...
Donny & LeAnne
Thomas & Kristin

3 comments:

Connie and Brandon said...

I wish (kind of) that we lived in MN so we could go on couple outings with you guys. That BBQ looks so fun. I only say kind of because of the winters. I can barely handle Utah winters:)

Kory said...

Bocce ball is great. I really like your hair in the frisbee picture below.

Linda K Anderson said...

These photos are amazing. Your narrative made me feel like I was there, and the photos caught the intensity and enthusiasm of everyone involved. What a fun day and a great group of friends! Thanks for sharing this!