When Emily and I purchased our townhouse two years ago, we were lucky enough to pick everything in our townhouse -- doors, cabinets, faucets, doors, sinks, countertops, etc. However, when we began selecting the materials for our townhouse, the builder had already installed the vanity in the upstairs bathroom. Unfortunately, the vanity was not our style. It was Oak and we both hate Oak. Since we moved in, Emily has complained about our vanity. We thought of putting in a new vanity, but realized the cost and effort would not be worth it in the long run. Well, I love doing Do-It-Yourself projects. Finally we decided to refinish our vanity. We painted it black and did some distressing to match our style. Through bargain shopping, we were able to refinish the vanity for a grand total of about $10. Not too shabby! Here are some photos detailing the project:
Before


After

This isn't making sense...I'm working while Em takes the pictures?

4 comments:
It's great to see a familiar face. I hope you don't mind linking you to the blog. We'll try to get as many people as we can from older generations of missionaries. I appreciate your quick response. Congrats on the remodeling. It looks great.
--Anthon
It looks so much better. Nice job.
That looks really good. I feel like I spend all my time on that kind of stuff.
That looks way better, I hate oak too. Good job on redoing it! Way to go!
Post a Comment