The weekend after St. Patrick's Day, Thomas and Kristin Rose had a St. Patrick's Day BBQ at their house. We were all supposed to bring Irish food. I don't know how to make anything Irish, so I just brought green appetizers instead. We also had corned beef, potatoes, vegetables, bread, wild rice soup, and yummy pies for dessert. It was yummy food and great company.

John must have caught me during a laugh or something. I look weird. But the cheesecake is cute!
On our second date, John and I went up to his parent's cabin with a bunch of his missionary buddies. We played the game Moods. We had a lot of fun playing it. Well, they don't make Moods anymore so John and I have been trying to find it online for a decent price since we've been married. I got the best present this year for Christmas when I opened up Moods! This was the first time we had played the game in over 5 years, and it did not disappoint. It helps we were playing with a fun group of people.Thanks Kristin and Thomas for another fun party!
8 comments:
Hey! Long time no hear from you guys. You always have the best pictures posted on your blog:) Glad you were able to track down that game and play it.
you guys make such a cute couple. looks like you have a cool group of friends.
i love game nights. we used to play settlers of catan until early in the morning with friends in college. i'm always on the lookout for fun new games. never heard of moods. might have to check it out!
by the way, that last picture is sweet.
Fun! Never thought of having a St. Patrick's party before, maybe it's because when I lived in AZ and FL all my friends just drank and I was always the designated driver. Thought St. Patrick's day was a holiday for alcoholics...:)
Connie, weren't you there on that date when we played Moods?
Allegra, we love Settlers of Catan. We played it for the first time over Christmas and now we are addicted. You have to buy Moods on ebay or amazon but it's a fun party game, I would recommend it.
Alisha, here in Minnesota St. Patrick's day is also a drinking holiday but not when LDS people host a party!
My sister got engaged during a game of moods and so she too really wanted to find a copy for herself. (my family loves to play that game together) She finally got one off of Ebay for way more than what one normally would pay, but she thought it was worth it. :)
Hey
I remember that game/date. That was mine and Elsie's first date. One of friends in Boise had it and we got to play not to long ago. What a fun game.
Did you end up getting it from Ebay or something? We have been looking at it and never found it for a reasonable price.
Ha Ha-I have played moods. Marissa Borup and I stayed up late one night-sort of playing it and laughing our head off...
Post a Comment