Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What is that bump under the rug?

Random story...the other night I cam home from the grocery store and came through the front door in the dark. I tried to shut the door behind me, but for some reason the door would not shut. I could not figure out what was jamming the door. I looked down at the rug and assumed it was the rug that was catching in the door. So I pulled the rub back a bit, but no use, the door wouldn't quite shut. Finally, I pulled the rug up because there seemd to be a bump in the rug. Well guess what I saw...a mouse?...nope. At this point I turned on the light to see what was under the rug. Here is a picture of what I saw:

The frog looked dead. I thought I had killed it. So I went to the kitchen to get something to clean up the frog. When I came, I noticed the frog was twitching a little bit. I started toward the frog and he began to play dead and looked like this:

Interesting I thought, so I sat quietly and watched the frog come back to life. He was playing dead the whole time. I was so fascinated by this frog that I took a bunch of pictures and decided to name him Larry. Unfortunately, Emily came home about 15 minutes later and was less than thrilled with Harry. Needless to say, Harry was released into the wild. I'll always cherish my half hour with my pet frog Larry. UPDATE: Larry came back two nights ago by our door. I think he will be our outside pet.

7 comments:

Tami Haws said...

That is the funniest thing ever. I think I would of screamed.

Amy said...

Kory would be so Jealous.I love frogs, I think I would have kept it

Our EyreLife said...

Wyatt has recently learned to say "Woah!" as in "That's incredible!"

The minute I pulled up the picture of that frog he said, "Woah!" and then proceeded to do the frog sound "Blahburt blahburt" and "woah" over and over again.

He's totally entertained by this post of yours! THANKS! :)

Doug, Monica, Alyssa and Dylan said...

Hey there John (and family)! I'm finally making the chance to drop a line. I'm still a slacker, nothing's changed! Ha. Checked out your blogs, good stuff, I tell you what! Hope all's going well for you guys. That's a nice frog you got there. Larry's a nice name. Keep in touch! Monica and fam.

Kelli Radmall said...

I would have been scared of that crazy looking guy that you named Harry and Larry. . .

Connie and Brandon said...

That is an awesome story. Harry or Larry whichever it is looks a bit creepy for me. I would definitely keep him an outside pet.

allegra said...

hmm, that frog sounds too smart for my liking. i would keep him outside too! smart thinking wifey!:) no, but seriously it sounds like he likes to be under stuff..he could crawl underneath the covers of your bed or something creepy like that if you did manage to make him a domesticated creature. plus, he looks pretty crazy in that first picture and it's freaking me out.

thanks for the lens flare tips! i'll have to try it out sometime! i would have never thought to use my flash shooting into the sun to help lighten up the subject. genius. your work is awesome. i LOVE all your pictures on your photography site, but i think my all time fav (if i was forced to choose) is the last photo in the "family" section where the dad is on the floor and baby on his tummy in front of the window. that's totally sweet! love it.