We moved to Minnesota back in July of 2006. Since that time, I have served in the Elder's quorum presidency. I have enjoyed the calling and have been completely satisfied. The bishop must have figured that I was not being utilized enough. So a couple weeks ago, I was called as 2nd counselor in the young men's presidency and also as ward Scoutmaster. Note: Our ward is very small and requires most members to handle multiple callings. For the past few weeks, I have been coordinating a camping trip. On top of working about 60 hours a week at work, this has been a time consuming endeavor. I thought being the Elder's quorum presidency was time consuming. Little did I know that being a scoutmaster and working in the Young Men's presidency takes ten times more time. For example, this past week I had to help the Young Men on Tuesday (harvest potatoes), Wednesday (Mutual), Thursday (buy camp supplies), Friday (go on Campout), Saturday (Campout cont'd). Needless to say, I had quite the busy week. I am enjoying working with the 12-13 year old deacons in our ward. I have about 5 active deacons that I am over. As a young man growing up in the church, scouting helped keep me interested and was an invaluable program that helped me grow spiritually and mentally. I hope that I can help share my enthusiasm for the gospel and scouting with these boys. On Friday, we went to Taylor Falls. It is a beautiful state park about 45 miles north of St. Paul. We had 6 boys, myself, and the bishop attend the campout. We had a great time hiking, eating, cooking, and playing. I look forward to working with these boys in the future. Here are some pics from the campout. Here are the boys: (If for some reason, you want to see more pics, go to:
http://sharpekid81.fotki.com/taylor-falls-/ )






Actually had a stick bug on our tent

Beautiful Camp site


Austin enjoying just one of too many Smores

Christian flexing his peace sign

Justin shoting out "peace"

This is Victor eating leftover tinfoil dinner and smores

Ryan just finishing the last of our pancake breakfast

Had a tough time getting Emanual out of his bag
5 comments:
Youth calling are for sure the most time consuming. Amy's now in the young womens presidency and I never see her anymore. Scouting is cool though.
Yeah, get ready for every week being like that. You think it slows down, but it doesn't. But it is such a rewarding calling. When one of your kids makes a breakthrough it makes it all worth it. We have a pretty small ward youth wise too. I have 3 mia-maids 14-15 year olds. Good luck with the multiple callings thing, I had to do that for a month and it was pretty intense. But its like 1 nephi 3:7 go and do, and the lord will provide a way for it to happen.
Wow these are cool pictures. I hear you on the calling thing. I'm the enrichment leader...yikes, that's a time consuming and hard calling!
those are awesome pictures...it looks like a lot of fun!
What a small world. So I think I may recognize someone in your photo. Maybe I am wrong. Is that Brother Thiba....I can't remember how to spell that name? Minnesota is a good place.
Post a Comment