Thursday, June 19, 2008

Random Night of Fun

Last Saturday night, Emily and I decided to put down the TV remote and get out of the house. We debated for awhile whether or not we should go to downtown St Paul and explore. I have gotten some new camera equipment over the past couple months and I really wanted to experiment. On a whim, at about 7:30pm we decided to head to St Paul. We took Zoe with us and just walked around. Downtown St Paul is smaller than Minneapolis but bigger than Salt Lake. There are many charming parks and buildings in St Paul. When got down there, live music was playing and there were people all over the streets. The weather was perfect (not too hot, not too cold and not yet humid). We ventured the streets while Emily walked Zoe and I played around with my camera. We had a great time.











On our way home we decided to stop at the state capitol. By this time, it was night and I have been wanting to photograph the capitol for quite some time. So we pulled up in an empty parking lot and walked over to the capitol. I got some great shots there.



This panoramic looks way better not in blogger

Funny story...there was this large statue of a soldier about 12 feet tall. For some reason, Zoe just went nuts at the statue and was non-stop barking at it. It was hilarious because Zoe, rarely barks, but something about this statue really set her off.


Emily and I had such a great time. It was a nice memorable evening...we're so glad we decided to be adventurous.

5 comments:

Amy said...

That is so funny! about Zoe, Sometimes when I read your blogs and you talk about your dog Zoe, I laugh because my dogs name is Zoe, its kind of like how we lived in the same house?

Anyway great shots, the one of the streets is my favorite!I am a big fan of cities.

Kory said...

The over the shoulder picture is my favorite.

Connie and Brandon said...

Wow! Emily, you look like a model and John, you take pics like a professional. I am being serious. Nice choice on taking a night out on the town.

Kristin Rose said...

You got some great shots John. Keep it up and you will be a pro in no time. Maybe Thomas and I will have to hire you to do some family portraits for 2008. P.S. Thanks for the great stir fry dinner on Sunday and the fun game of Boche ball.

Kelli Radmall said...

Hey cute girl! Thanks for your comment. I TOTALLY remember getting both of my knees scoped in high school You were so sweet-you made me a darling card and you took great care of me. I have had one of my knees scoped again since then and I think the other one is ready. I have also had a wrist surgery where they took bone out of my hip. That was the worst! Keep up the hard work Doc. Love ya