Thursday, May 19, 2011

The SleepSack–39 Days

Eliza is an amazing sleeper. We have been so lucky. My cousin Karen sent us a cute blanket and burp clothes before Eliza was born and gave us the advice if we could learn to swaddle her well, she would be a good sleeper. In the hospital they used Halo SleepSacks for all the babies. They recommended these over swaddling in blankets because they had Velcro and were less likely to come unswaddled and less likely to cover the babies face. They gave us a coupon so we bought one in the hospital gift shop on our way home. Eliza slept through the night for the first time when she was 17 days old. I panicked in the morning when I woke up and she was still sleeping, I poked her to make her move and make sure she was breathing. Of course that was an isolated incident but she did start sleeping through the night around 6 weeks (don’t hate us). We know we are so SO lucky to have such a good sleeper! I like to tell myself that using the SleepSack has contributed to her excellent sleeping!

We wanted to capture a picture of Eliza in her SleepSack because we thought she looked like a little bean!!

0030-untitled shoot0028-untitled shoot

Thanks Karen for the great advice!

3 comments:

HoltFamily said...

We also bought a sleep sack (two, actually) on our way out of the hospital! We loved it until Samuel grew too big! I'm so happy you have a good sleeping baby...it makes everything else so much easier! Eliza is darling!

Ashley Koz said...

Sleep Sac huh? I'll have to remember that. We would swaddel Crew but he would come unswaddled, that is super lucky. Crew started sleeping through the night at 3 months and people would tell me that was way early. She is cute as ever!

Kelli Radmall said...

I can't help it. I hate you. Not really, I'm just jealous:) Still dealing with sleep issues with Felicity. But the sleep sac makes a darling little bean. Love her!