I have refrained from posting my professional work on this blog since I have a photo blog, but this shoot was way too fun. This weekend I worked with another photographer to shoot a wedding in St Paul. Although coverage was for 10 hours, it was incredible fun. I won't say much here, because I have posted a ton of shots on my
photo blog. But here is a taste:

3 comments:
For Christmas I got a NIKON D60 SLR camera. My little cannon elf was just getting too tired from all my little photo shoots as a mama...
And I love it. I don't intend on becoming a great SHARPE PHOTOGRAPHY GURU--heck, it isn't in -my- genes. But I am excited to MAYBE get some pictures out that look half as good as the ones you take. You inspire me. :) I'd love some good tips...
@Jess
Glad to hear you're starting off on the right foot...with a Nikon ;) I've been a Nikon guy all my life. Anyway, few tips for better pics:
-Look at other photographer's and figure out why you like a photo. Think about the composition and lighting. A great resource book is The Digital Photography Book - Vol. 1 & 2 by Scott Kelby. You will learn so much, so quickly with this book.
-Learn how to use your camera, don't rely on 'AUTO', learn how to use 'A'-aperture priority 'S'-Shutter Priority, and 'M' Manual modes. Get the 'D60 Field Guide' it will give you a simplified approach to using your camera.
-Apply what you learn and learn from your mistakes. By doing so, you will take more awesome pictures more often.
-Lastly, don't be afraid to ask photographer's...'How did you do that?' Most (but not all) are more than willing to talk about photography.
Good Luck and Let me know if you have any other questions.
Definately wish we lived closer so you could take some shots of our kids and the family! I love your work.
Post a Comment