I've enjoyed living in Minnesota. I love my school. John has a great job. We have great friends. My mom lives close by. People are nice. There is lots to do. Etc, etc. I often contemplate living in Minnesota past my training, then I am reminded of it's biggest flaw: Winter.
Today the high was -1 F. That's the high! The low is -13 F. But it gets better: a wonderful thing called WIND CHILL. The wind chill is predicted to be as low as -40 F. This does NOT happen in Utah.
For those of you who prefer the metric system, that is a low of -18 C and a high of -25 C. Interestingly enough the wind chill is the same at -40 C. We have actually reached a point where
fahrenheit and celcius are the same. Global warming/climate change = yeah right.
Regardless of the scale you use, it is cold. It is so cold it makes you scream to get into your car. When I took Zoe out on our walk today, she didn't even want to walk very far (this is very unusual). It was so cold my nose ran, then the snot froze (is that a word?) to my face. Normally I don't want people's sympathy. I'm tough, I can handle it. But today I will take it. It is days like this that make me consider residency in Arizona. What do you think hubs?
(In reality, we will choose a residency based on the program and not the weather . . . but that is not the point.)
On the bright side: If I am ever outside during daylight (which rarely happens because it gets dark around 4pm), it's too cold for clouds so the sky is blue and the sun is shining. Well, that's the only bright side I can think of. You are more than welcome to mention any others.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Yeah, I'm not missing that! haha! Well check out our blog, we just had our third girl on Friday. She was 35 weeks, but completly healthy...and no more bedrest for me!
I could never live there never. I absolutely hate the cold. I hate how cold it is here and I know thats nothing compared to you. It reminds me when we went to dinner at Mimi's and John said he was so cold once he got in his car and just started screaming. I still can picture it. :)
Oh man that stinks. I can't complain anymore about Utah being cold. I can barely handle winters here. I am all about California weather where the lows are the 50s and rarely below that. You can be outside and comfortable year round! Thanks for informing me of worse situations:) I hope it gets better for you guys soon. Merry Christmas!!
That does NOT sound fun. After living in South Carolina, Utah is way too cold for me, so I can't even imagine. By the way, I LOVE your short, dark hair!
I agree these are the days that Cali is screaming my name. Come back, Come back!!
WOW!!! I'll never complain about being cold again, thats crazy
Brrr. I certainly have sympathy for you! Sorry Em. You are tough, but if you want to, let's run away to Hawaii!
Dear Emily & John,
This is your Grandma Rose. I was so happy to get your card today. Chanta kinda showed me what to do so I could talk to you. I am happy to get a card from you. I would love to get your number so I can call you sometime. I was wondering when the best time to call would be also. I can't wait. I also was wondering when you were coming to Utah. Love you.
Love Grandma
I feel your pain! I remember all to well those days waiting for the bus in our little hut at the end of our driveway. My hair literally froze on my head if it was even the slightest bit wet still. How many times have I shoveled a driveway!?! And yet sometimes, I actually miss it.
Post a Comment