
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Christmas Came Early this Year!!!!
This week my precious new camera came in the mail! I was as giddy as a school girl playing with my new camera. I know they say that a better camera does not make a better photographer, but it sure makes taking photos a lot easier. My new camera is huge and just feels good in my hands. I had a family shoot yesterday in near '0' degree temperatures (gotta love Minnesota in December). It was a little tough with the cold, but we got some great shots. I love shooting people all bundled up. It adds an element of charm to the photographs. Here is a preview of shots taken with my new camera.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Great Pictures John! As usual. What kind of camera did you get? I have the Canon 5d, but all of my inlaws are in love with the mark 2. I'm debating on the upgrade. I think I will stick with what I have for now though, because I really like it.
Emily. thanks for the compliment! Too nice. I used a sharpening action that I have, and then I used pioneer womans fresh and colorful, and toned it down a lot, and then I did a bunch of my own little tinkering...
Fresh and colorful is a go to that I often use... really like that one. Hope that helps!
so I'm a little embarassed to be talking camera talk with you because I really don't know much about photography, cameras etc.. :) But anyway I have the 24-70mm f/2.8L, and then I have the 85mm f/1.2L. Thats all for now. Gotta save some money before I buy any more! haha. My girlfriend has the d300 and really loves it.
PS I asked emily before but how did you two end up together? Thats so cool! Did you guys date in highschool? I still remember the good ole christmas dance! haha. How embarassing to think about. I was SOOOO shy back in those days. I don't think I said two words the entire night! It was probably really boring for you! haha.. good times good times..
Wow these are beautiful! Love them.
Looking good. What kind of camera did you get Johnny?
{@Lindy}
Thanks for the kind words
{@Jord}
Shooting a Nikon D300 now. How are you doing? Haven't seen any updates on your blog in quite some time. BTW, came across your Wedding pics by Canlas...loved them.
Yeah, i've been slacking. I just shot Sydney's parents christmas card photos so i'll probably post those. Thanks, yeah he is awesome. Makes me want to shoot film. Are you making to the Utah this Christmas?
New toys are the best. Especially when they can make you money. Have you had any weird jobs? My brother had a guy pay him to do a portrait of his cat. It was a lot of money for a cat.
{@Kory}
Yeah, I actually have had a weird request for a photo shoot. I had a guy contact me to do a shoot for him. He had just completed his 90 day mark for a fitness program and wanted photos to show his progress for some contest. I backed out of doing the shoot as I had a weird feeling about it. Who know what would have happened. It was a hard decision considering what he was willing to pay for a 30 minute shoot. But oh well...better safe than sorry
Post a Comment