Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Cold Day Exploring

John and I had a lot of fun today. When it is 2 degrees F with -19 windchill we did what anybody would do, go spend the day outside taking pictures! We decided to explore Minneapolis looking for some new places to take pictures. The cold wasn't too bad when we layered up! We drove around Nicollet Island, Stone Arch Bridge, along the Mississippi, and Hiawatha area. We also stopped and walked around the Walker sculpture gardens.


Looking back at Spoonbridge and Cherry (aka the cherry on the spoon sculpture). I can't believe we've lived here 2.5 years and this is the first time we've been here. It's pretty cool in person. You should come visit and we will take you here. (And I guess we will take you the Mall of America . . . there is more to Minnesota than the MOA but whatever.)


Inside the conservatory at the Walker. It was warm and a nice break from the cold.


Frank Geary, Standing Glass Fish at the Walker
(and the only place I've seen palm trees in Minne"snow"ta)


This is me in my furry hood. That's it.


Trying to get some air on the Stone Arch Bridge


My hot husband. I love the Stone Arch Bridge because you get great views of the city in the background.


John and the cherry on the spoon.


This is a random building we drove past. John stopped the car and jumped out to take this picture! I locked the doors while he was out of the car because we weren't in the safest part of town if you know what I mean...


It was Minnesota where I first learned that a hood is not only used for precipitation. It works really well to keep you warm. The must have accessory in Minnesota, 180s ear muffs. Yup, ear muffs. They keep you so warm.


I don't know why it looks like I'm smiling in this picture. I was screaming because I was so cold!


Better air on this one.


Word.

A cool picture John took. I really like the mixture of the leaves on one side and the snow on the other.


I'm better at throwing snow than John. See his picture above and let me know what you think.


Good times. I guess my bitterness about the cold may be resolving, at least today!

9 comments:

Connie and Brandon said...

You get some really good air on that leprechaun kick or whatever it is called. Impressive pictures as well!

Ashley Koz said...

Minneapolis looks so cool, loved the pics of you doing the bell clicks

Mark and Aubrey said...

I think you're crazy for playing outside when it's that cold but it made for some AMAZING pictures. I love the one with the leaves and the snow.

Kory said...

I extra like the tree picture, the hall, and the color of Emily with the orange ball in the background. Really cool.

Our EyreLife said...

Every single one of these pictures is incredible. Way to go John! :)

It isn't AS cold here, but my heavens, winter has hit us, hasn't it?! Hope you guys stay warm and cozy together...

Merry Christmas!

Cravings said...

Wow, those pics look awesome...that must be some nice camera. Looks like your having fun. Good for you keeping your chin up in that horrible temp. By the way...MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Jill said...

Okay. the vines on the building and the Frank Geary scultpure...sigh. Amazing. I kinda want to see it in person!

Ashley Garbe Smith said...

Gorgeous pictures! Love them.

Kristin Rose said...

That was really fun to look at the pictures you guys took. They turned out great. Way to use the snow and cold as an inspiration for some good pieces of art/photography!