John called me on his way home from work tonight to figure out what we were going to do. Of course I didn't have anything planned, so he suggested we go to the temple. Well it was getting late and I knew I would have to rush to get things together if we were going to make it to the last session. I was all ready to go when I realized I had to pee. I was talking to John on the phone and sat down on the toilet and started to urinate. However, something didn't sound right... I looked down at the bowl and somehow my skirt had landed in the bowl and I was peeing directly on it. (I was already full stream at this point.) FaNtAsTiC!! What do you do!?!
I was reading Allegra's blog the other day and she wrote about how every time her and her hubs try to go to the temple it seems as though something goes wrong. (Thanks for sharing Allegra). Well, I definitely agree. This story is a perfect case in point.
How many 26 year olds pee on their clothes? Seriously. John reminded me when I got a little frustrated that the adversary was going to do anything to keep us from getting to the temple 0n time. So I didn't let it bother me and quickly threw my soiled skirt in the tub and grabbed another skirt so we could leave. Well we made it to the temple on time and had a great experience. It really had been too long since we last went. It was definitely what both of us needed at this busy hectic time in our lives.
So the moral of the story is:
1. The temple is awesome. We are so lucky that even though we live in Minnesota, we have a temple that is less than a 15 minute drive away.

2. In the words of Billy Madison, "You ain't cool, unless you pee your pants." or skirt.
10 comments:
hahaha that is sooo funny, I am sorry that it happened, but it is funny. I totally know what you mean about the temple though. We always have the worst days on the days we decide to go to the temple.
That is great! Isn't the adversary so obnoxious to us when we try and go to the temple.
LOL..... I still don't get how your skirt ended up IN the toilet
So funny Emily! I loved this entry. In our house, if you are trying to do your best to go on the toilet and somehow you miss or make a mess it doesn't count as an accident. No one gets mad. Of course that rule was made with Ben in mind! :) Thanks for posting the picture of the temple too. I use to go to church at that building for 10 years. We moved away and then they built the temple there.
Yeah, I don't understand how it ended up in the toilet either. Only one word can describe: unfortunate!
Karen, I like the rules in your house, we will adopt them in our house now as well. This temple was the first "mini" temple I'd been to. It is so beautiful and we are lucky to live so close.
HA! That's really funny. If it makes you feel any better, my 18 yr old nephew was playing his nintendo ds while going to the bathroom. he had finished and walked out of the bathroom before he noticed he never unzipped.
I love that story. It makes me realize we need to visit the temple soon. We haven't been to the San Diego one since we've been here. So thanks for inspiring me. And I do think you're cool!
I know blogging is kind of the shiz, it's so nice to check in on you too, makes me feel like you not so far away. Kass is so not the blogging type, carolyn actually has one but like never updates it, its billyandcarolyn.blogspot.com kass and I went rollerblading today, it was like the perfect day sunny and 65 F
that profile that says "athletic" was me btw, it was logged into one of jareds google accounts
Hilarious story, although anything with a Billy Madison reference is sure to make me laugh.
Post a Comment