Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Visit From A Friend

Tasha came to visit! Tasha and I have been friends since I moved to Timpview my freshman  year of high school. We always joke about how we couldn’t get rid of each other. She moved sophomore year to Salem into my mom’s ward and so we stayed friends. Then I moved to Nephi senior year and she was dating someone down there. Well, we’ve managed to stay best friends since and I don’t know what I would do without her. Love you Tash!

Tasha was our first non-family visitor to Minnesota and I was really excited to show her all the highlights. She was here for 3 days and it was busy! The first day we went to the Outlet mall in Albertville. I can’t believe I’ve lived here 4 years and hadn’t gone. I will definitely be visiting the outlets again soon! The second day we wandered around Minneapolis and I showed her some of the highlights. The last day we spent at the Mall of American (of course). It was a short visit but so much fun!

We first visited the Stone Arch Bridge in Minneapolis. It’s a pedestrian/bike bridge that crosses the Mississippi and has great views of the skyline.

TashaDSC_0010 TashaDSC_0004 TashaDSC_0005 TashaDSC_0006 TashaDSC_0008TashaDSC_0047 TashaDSC_0013 TashaDSC_0021 TashaDSC_0028 TashaDSC_0029 TashaDSC_0034 The Twin Cities is famous for their mills and flour, back in the day.TashaDSC_0041Then we headed over to the Walker Sculpture Garden. I didn’t know the Spoon with the cherry sculpture (Spoonbridge and Cherry) was here, until I moved to MN.  The only other time I’ve visited the sculpture garden was in the winter (you may remember this post) and I didn’t realize the sculpture was a fountain as well… 

 TashaDSC_0048 TashaDSC_0052 TashaDSC_0060 TashaDSC_0062 TashaDSC_0066TashaDSC_0067TashaDSC_0069Tasha wanted a picture of this random sculpture…TashaDSC_0072 We also ate Sushi in Uptown, drove around Lake Calhoun, then stopped at the St Paul Cathedral on our way home

TashaDSC_0079 TashaDSC_0073

It was a fun, busy weekend. We love having visitors and we have an extra bedroom so please come visit!

No comments: