Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Grandpa Lafe

John posted this on his photography blog and I wanted to share with all of you! It was so much fun spending time with my Grandpa Lafe. I love you Grandpa!

From John's blog:

As many of you know, we took a family vacation up to the North Shore of Lake Superior a few weeks ago. I took hundreds of pictures and therefore will be sharing bits of the trip periodically over the next couple months. We were so excited to have Emily’s grandpa Lafe join us from Nebraska for the trip. Emily told me she had just one request for me on the trip…that was to capture some fun images of her grandpa.

During this trip, I had the wonderful opportunity of getting to know Lafe even better. I spent a whole morning out on the deck with him overlooking Lake Superior. As a photographer, I love to capture images that tell a story of the person. During my discussions with Lafe, I watched diligently for his mannerisms.

I was lucky enough to talk one-on-one with Lafe. We discussed everything from careers, to his condo in Vail, to his time in Ecuador. Lafe is one of those people that can make a friend with anyone. He always has a joke, song, or poem ready for you. He loves to entertain and tells great stories. Enough talking, let the photos tell the rest of the story. Meet Grandpa Lafe:

NorthShore-419 NorthShore-428 NorthShore-431 NorthShore-436 NorthShore-439 NorthShore-445 NorthShore-449 NorthShore-536 I shot a portrait of everyone on the trip. In an attempt to get Lafe’s photo, I received the following faces. I love these images!NorthShore-710-Edit NorthShore-730 Now I know where Emily gets it :)NorthShore-754 Thanks Grandpa Lafe for making the trip, it wouldn’t have been the same without you!!!

5 comments:

Erin said...

What a sweet post! No I even love grandpa lafe! :)

jeff and alli said...

Great pictures. You really to make Granpa Lafe seem like the coolest.

Connie and Brandon said...

That was such a nice post! The pictures are awesome!!

allegra said...

darling post. grandpa's are the best. and he seems like a really sweet, genuine one. awesome pics...i especially love those last ones!

Kristin said...

It really doesn't matter, either IAH (George Bush Intercontinental) or HOU (Hobby). IAH is A LOT bigger, so you can normally get better deals, but doesn't fly southwest. HOU is a lot smaller so it's faster to get in and out of, but only houses a couple of airlines. They are both equi-distant from our house, but Matthew works 10 minutes away from IAH, so it'd be super easy for him to pick you up from there.